GUIDELINES FOR THE ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION, ONTARIO PROVINCIAL COMMAND BRANCHES AND LADIES’ AUXILIARIES CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
Submissions for grants to The Royal Canadian Legion, Ontario Provincial Command Branches and Ladies’ Auxiliaries’ Charitable Foundation, must include the following:
1. The name and address of the applicable grant recipient (organization, charity, etc.). Include the main contact for the request plus the location or the actual site where the fund will be appropriated.
2. The Registered Charity number (if applicable).
3. A list of the names of the Board of Directors.
4. The amount of capital funds requested, excluding taxes, shipping and specific purpose for same.
5. A detailed budget showing how the grant is to be expended.
6. Twenty-one copies of the submission are required on official letterhead including 21 copies of the financial statements. Include the financial statements pertaining only to the institution applying for the grant. If your organization is governed by a municipality or foundation, send only the part of the financial statements that applies to your department. Fire Departments may provide a List of Revenue & Expenses for the year to complete the submission.
7. SUBMISSIONS MUST BE COLLATED. DO NOT SEND 21 COPIES IN INDIVIDUAL BUNDLES. FAXED OR EMAILED COPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
8. Endorsement of the submission by two authorized signing officers of the organization.
9. Endorsement from the authorized signing officer of the Recipient of the Grant (facility) i.e. Foundation/Hospital. An endorsement from the Municipal Clerk is required, if the submission originates from the town fire department.
10. Submissions must be completed on 8.5 x 11 sized paper.
11. Grant recipients must provide a current Purchase Order. The Purchase Order must be dated between the year the submission is received and May 31st of the following year after its approval. Fire departments may provide a bill or an invoice in lieu of Purchase Order to receive the grant.
12. Successful recipients may be awarded a grant for two consecutive years and then are required to abstain for one year before another submission can be made.
Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
Please be precise and accurate in your submission and eliminate all unnecessary paperwork such as kit covers, glossy portfolios and spiral bindings. The submission must be received at the address provided below no later than the LAST FRIDAY OF APRIL
Secretary, The Royal Canadian Legion,
Ontario Provincial Command Branches and
Ladies’ Auxiliaries Charitable Foundation
89 Industrial Parkway North
Aurora, ON L4G 4C4, Tel: 905-841-7999
Revised: January 2017